Legal Implications of GDPR for Modern Businesses and Emerging Tech
Jessica Lee is a graduate of Columbia University School of Law, a Revson Fellowship Recipient and a Partner at Loeb and Loeb LLP.
Jessica's practice focuses on a variety of matters relating to emerging media and advertising technology, with focus on the privacy and intellectual property issues that arise when launching, marketing and monetizing digital products and content.
She has extensive legal knowledge of emerging technology and regularly advises clients on advanced advertising strategies, from how to monetize consumer insights derived from the use of emerging media platforms, including OTT apps, social media channels, wearables, chatbots, to helping them engage influencers and leverage user-generated content to optimize data collected through social media campaigns.
Jessica also advises on global and European data protection laws including data protection strategy and compliance (with a focus on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)) the topic of today's conversation.
The information provided in this interview is to only be used for informational purposes, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact an attorney directly.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Jessica was destined to become a lawyer from an early age
- What is GDPR and what you need to know about it so you can protect yourself
- Where to find checklists relevant to you as a consumer or business owner
- What modern business models and customer data aggregation may mean for future tech developments and regulations
- Why awareness is the best way to feel safer in the always-on, internet cookies and pixeled world
- How Jessica decompresses, leads and stays on top of her wellness at home and when she travels